Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Oak Hills Brewpub

Location: The Oak Hills Brewpub, a strip mall location in Oak Hills, which I didn't realize was its own (apparently swanky) neighborhood/development. It has a Portland address but I would still categorize it as a "PDX Metro" location closer to Beaverton.

Huge Oaks Hills sign. Image from Modern Homes Portland
because I was not about to stop on Cornell and take a picture!

Fellow travelers: Another solo location after a job in Hillsboro. Thought it would be a good place to fill some time while waiting for rush-hour traffic to thin out.

Favorite light: now THIS is a classy light!


Favorite art: This first mural really grabs your attention as soon as you walk in. I also really liked the sequence of hammer-moon goddesses, one of whom looks to the left as the others look straight ahead.


Food: A Ruby Ale shake, a Thai chicken sandwich w/ red pepper bisque, and the Stella Blue fries, which were so terrible I didn't take them home. The waitress was kind enough to take them off my bill.

Passport stamps: I forgot my passport again! This is my anguished face:


updated Apr15.2015: I finally got the stamp!


Other items of note:
  • This location truly embraces its brewery. Unlike many locations that tuck it off to the side, at Oak Hills the brewery is visible from everywhere in the restaurant and feels very central to the concept.  



1 comment:

  1. "Please do not tap..." is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete