Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ringlers Pub

Location: Ringlers, because that's where we had to pick up our passes for the Portland Film Festival. For this location I had originally planned to take the Crystal Ballroom/Lola's Room tour and end with a meal at Ringlers for a perfect stamp trifecta. But since we were already here, we ate dinner before we headed out to see Labyrinth at Cinema 21.



Fellow travelers: Sven! I could not get a good picture of us.




Favorite light: I thought this virus lamp was sort of adorable, even if one of the bulbs was burnt out.


Favorite art: The star here is the mosaic bar (with a mosaic disco ball!). Is the bar made of cob? Because that's SO PORTLAND.


Food: Timber Jack sandwich, fries, Burnside lemonade. But looking at the menu online, I totally would have gotten the Ringlers Meatloaf Sandwich if I had seen it. Drat!

Passport stamps: Ringlers


Other items of note:
  • I'm surprised Ringlers doesn't have a more traditional McMenamins sign. Just the window neon and side awning lettering.
  • I never knew you could rent/reserve that side room for private events like the PFF. I can imagine it's very handy for a downtown location.

4 comments:

  1. The photos of us ALL look good to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite places to meet up for happy hour. I'd get a 4-cheese panini, the brownie sundae and share them with my friend. Loved watching them fresh-squeeze juice for the cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent, Rebel! that whole block is really quite the thing now. i'm glad to have a place to hang out in that area. I hope to try the panini someday!

    ReplyDelete