Sunday, September 28, 2014

Highland Pub & Brewery

Location: Highland Pub & Brewery in Gresham, the first of the strip mall locations.



Fellow travelers: Sven & the lovely creative Bridget. Bridget lives almost as far east as we do and right on Powell, so this was an easy location to invite her to. Plus, with a name like Bridget, she was practically required to go to the Highland! Sven & I haven't seen her in a while, so I am delighted this aspect of the Project is working out so well.




Favorite light: I do not know what this is doing anywhere in Gresham, but here it is! McMenamins itself describes it as "our gorgeous psychedelic-Italianate chandelier."


Favorite art: This may be the only McMenamins location with a fish tank! There's not really any special art on the walls (except in the brewery), but there is a goldfish painted in the bathroom.




Food: Captain Neon burger, tater tots & part of an iced tea. I've finally discovered that McMenamins' burgers taste better medium-rare and salted.

Passport stamps: none! I knew I would forget my passport at some point during the Project, and today was that day. I'm going to have to come back -- maybe to tour the brewery?


Redemption Dec22: I finally got the stamp!


Other items of note: 
  • This was one of the locations I stopped during my big Ultimate McMenamins (bike) Ride in 2012. I rode all the way from Forest Grove to Troutdale, stopping at several McMenamins along the way. By the time I reached the Highland, I was almost deliriously happy because I knew I was going to make it to the Edgefield that night.
  • This location is almost right off the Springwater Corridor Trail. Convenient!
  • Wish this location had milkshakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment