Saturday, September 13, 2014

North Bank

Location: North Bank in Eugene. It is a lovely, lingering location set beside the gentle Willammette. Tubers and kayaks float by in the water and bikes float by on the adjacent path. The outdoor seating is generously shaded by dappling trees.



[The best covered bike parking in Oregon?]


Fellow travelers: Sven sold out both Best of the Northwest Animation Festival shows at the Bijou Metro (AND the one at the Hollywood in PDX), so I took him to North Bank to celebrate!


Favorite light: I love when McMenamins puts these fabric lamps in their outdoor spaces. Inside: eh. Outside: awwww!


Favorite art: not much painting. Lots of carved wood panels.

Food: tremendously delicious blistered green beans I would eat every day if I could, charred corn salad, an elk burger, Terminator stout shake.

Passport stamps: North Bank, Halfway to St. Patrick's Day


Other items of note:
  • I had no idea it was Halfway to St. Patrick's Day until I heard bagpipes playing inside. Bagpipes! 
  • All the servers were wearing football outfits and face paint. It clashed a bit with the rest of the ambience, but I imagine it is a very popular place on game days.
  • A bug bit me on the leg, leaving a huge welt. 

 


1 comment: