Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Market Street Pub

Location: Market Street Pub, marking the edge of PSU and downtown Portland.


Fellow travelers: None. I was filling a long period of time between a job at PSU and an event on Alberta. Since I had already paid for a parking pass, after visiting Michaelmas, I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the Market Street Pub, a pleasant place with wifi a short walk away. This is probably the first time I've actually completed a blog post about a location before I've left it!

Favorite light: Nothing of note.

Favorite art: I love these painted oval panels between tables and the long panel in the back that features Ruby, the dancing Hammerheads, and a striped cat.




Food: A Ruby ale milkshake (hooray!), a terrible TERRIBLE hot dog, a side salad and an RC.

Passport stamps: Market Street Pub


Other items of note:
  • The staff here was super nice. I tucked myself in a corner after they agreed I could hang out for the afternoon and they kept checking in on me.
  • We used to host afterparties here when we were first holding the Northwest Animation Festival at 5th Avenue Cinema.
  • This was one of the locations I stopped during my big Ultimate McMenamins Ride in 2012. I rode my bike all the way from Forest Grove to Troutdale, stopping at several McMenamins along the way. This was the first McMenamins after the giant hill I had been worrying about for the entire trip, so I was jubilant and triumphant. 

2 comments:

  1. A terrible TERRIBLE hot dog? Man, that kind of fail takes EFFORT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was confusing. I've had a decent hot dog at another location, but I'm going to pass on the fancy ones from now on. Wish I had gotten a main salad instead.

    ReplyDelete