Wednesday, November 26, 2014

McMenamins West Linn

Location: McMenamins West Linn. This is another strip mall location, although it looks pretty good from the outside thanks to copious landscaping. Ironically, though, every single one of its signs is partially or fully obscured by shrubbery.




Fellow travelers: Just me! I was wondering how I was going to arrange the West Linn location when I realized it was near another landmark I wanted to visit: the iron furnace at George Rogers Park. It's fantastic! Plus it has good river access and a nice trail with a waterfall.




(And this fantastically weird bone-like plaything lives in the park right next door, the Lake Oswego Sister City Area.)


Favorite light: I loved all the lights floating below the cloud mural because it makes them look like fantasy ships sailing the cloudy seas.


If I had to pick one, though, it would be this metal lamp with light shining from its interior like a luminaria.


Favorite art: This location has an excellent mural that immediately greets you when you open the door and practically wraps around the entire restaurant. I didn't realize its thematic significance was related to either the golf course or Willamette Falls until I read its history online, though. There are parts hidden in the dark corners that look quite intriguing but my poor camera phone wasn't able to capture them.



(Even the brewery had a mural!)


Food: A chicken schnitzel sandwich with tots and an RC.

Passport stamps: McMenamins West Linn


Other items of note:
  • Sadly, no milkshakes at this location.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nifty painting... Different aesthetic from most of the other McMenamins art. Reminds me of that stretched-perspective mural in the Performing Arts Center.

    P.S. C'mon McMenamins, milkshakes at more locations please!

    ReplyDelete