Tuesday, December 2, 2014

McMenamins Coffee Roasters

Location: McMenamins Coffee Roasters. It's not technically considered a location, it's considered an Experience which adds to your gift-card total. The roaster is a converted house tucked away right off MLK behind the Bridges Cafe. I wish I had thought about how close it was the the Broadway McMenamamins, because I would have planned my timing to have lunch there and gotten two stamps!



The "tour" was a bit awkward because even though they have posted hours, they're still trying to get their other tasks done. The guy who stamped my Passport seemed impassive when I wanted to ask questions or take photos, so I didn't stay long. He did offer me some coffee, though.




 


Passport stamps: Tour the Coffee Roaster


This stamp is very faint.
Other items of note:
  • Apparently this is the original location; McMenamins bought the whole roaster business from the original owner several years ago.
  • The McMenamins "beer truck" comes to pick up shipments to deliver along with beer and wine to all its locations, though they also ship via UPS to Seattle.
  • The unroasted/green beans last for months, though once roasted the beans are used in 1-2 weeks.
  • They roast & pack Monday-Wednesday, then do site inspections and such Thursday and Friday.
Here are several other presumably coffee-related machines in the building:


1 comment:

  1. Fascinating -- this is the least McMenaminsy location I've seen to date.

    ReplyDelete