Monday, December 15, 2014

Thompson Brewery & Public House

Location: Thompson Brewery & Public House, my first Salem location! It is a cute house on the outside AND on the inside, filled with cozy nooks upstairs that look like they used to be bedrooms.




I was headed back from a job in Lebanon so I took the back roads there:



Fellow travelers: Dayna! She is on call for her daughter's impending birth so I was very lucky to catch her today. We haven't had a meal together in years, so we talked for quite a long time.


Favorite light: Skylights in Oregon are special.



Favorite art: A location mostly decorated with posters. Outside, they had a lot of impact, though:


My favorite parts were these painted bits upstairs:




And this white/silver striped bathroom sink:


But I had given up seeing any "traditional" McMenamins art when I caught this on my way out of the building painted on an obscure access door:


Food: Ichabod turkey burger, delicious angel hair onion rings (wish more locations had these!), Ruby ale shake

Passport stamps: Thompson Brewery & Public House

Other items of note:

  • It was not as straightforward to get out of Salem from here as I expected. I suspect Google was confused because I had taken all those back roads.

3 comments:

  1. It was fantastic to share a meal with you, Gretchin. I loved our long, leisurely lunch. Great summary of Thompson's too (I hadn't been there in many years, so it was fun to rediscover this cozy location).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zounds -- good lion! ...And that sink!

    ReplyDelete