Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chapel Pub

Location: Chapel Pub, a classic historical building in North Portland. This is not a quadrant I get to very often, so I was happy when an opportunity popped up to be in the neighborhood.





Fellow travelers: Just me! I had a meeting in this neighborhood and stopped by afterwards for dinner.

Favorite light: Most lamps here are the lovely-but-standard sunburst ones. I like the burning lamp outside, but the firelight from the fireplace I sat next to was probably my favorite:


Favorite art: the architecture! Everything about this location is beautiful, especially the arched windows whose nooks were often filled with books.




and this art of my favorite fireplace thus far in the Project:


Food: Smokestack Lightning mac & cheese, mustard chicken salad, Ruby ale shake

Passport stamps: Chapel Pub


Other items of note:
  • Becky & I met here before the Bike Play last summer.
  • Before it was a McMenamins, this location was the "Little Chapel of the Chimes," and an organist comes to play music on the restored organ on Thursday nights.
  • The ironwork grills, of which I have no photos, were created by the same man who made the ironwork at Timberline.
  • This is a great place to hang out and work: I memorized some cases for an upcoming job here. The waitress was gracious and accommodating.

1 comment:

  1. nice fireplace -- well both of them. I enjoyed chapel pub a lot when I lived in the 'hood. I did eat a lot of mexi-tots.

    ReplyDelete