Sunday, January 25, 2015

McMenamins on Broadway

Location: McMenamins on Broadway. I thought I had been here before, but when I arrived I was surprised it was upstairs. How could I have possibly forgotten that? It certainly explains the tall sign.




Fellow travelers: Sue, Michael & Rebecca! Rebecca took time from her grueling grad school studies to come visit with us at this location.


Favorite light: nothing much of note here except the magnificent skylight, which I wish I had seen in the daytime.

Favorite art: I have to hand it to McMenamins: repurposing the painting that was already here really tickles me.





Also, this fabric art display is certainly unique; I haven't seen anything like it in another McMenamins location.


And I quite liked this mirror with the ornate wall painting behind it:


Food: Rock the Kasbah Burger that was almost certainly undercooked, tots, Ruby Ale shake

Passport stamps: McMenamins on Broadway, McMenamins on Broadway 25th birthday. We should have sung Happy Birthday before we left!


Other items of note:
  • This was my third McMenamins in a week! Sometimes it just works out like that depending on my schedule.
  • This location has a "Billiards Room" sign above a room that sadly has no billiards in it.
  • The patio here looks like it must be wonderful in three seasons: protected and open at the same time, but above the street.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the hanging fabric really adds something. Simple, but a softening touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hereby vouch for the authenticity of the above account.

    ReplyDelete