Sunday, February 15, 2015

Spar Café

Location: The Spar Café, in Olympia, Washington's capital. I've never been to Olympia before!







Fellow travelers: My mother-in-law Ann (and her companions Loopy Ewe and Bearona). We were on a trip to Tacoma and we visited this location for lunch on our return trip to Portland.




Favorite light: Seriously, McMenamins, your skylights are the best. I also love this row of windows at the front of the café, the light filtered through the green plants.


But look, it's the light from the Zeus Café and the Old Church in Wilsonville! It's interesting to see when what seem to be unique lights show up in different locations (like the chandeliers at the Crystal Ballroom and the Highland Pub, too).


Favorite art:
I really love this image, which this locations uses as its logo.


But I liked these, too:



Food: An RC and a backyard chicken sandwich w/ sweet potato fries.

Passport stamps: I completed the Centralia/Olympia section! I'm not really a T-shirt person, though, so I was very glad Ann wanted it so it could go to a good home.




Other items of note:
  • Cool booths with curtain closures. Wish we had tried to close them! :)
  • We had good service from two of our three servers.
  • No milkshakes or specials.
  • Afterwards, we stopped at an antique store and a bookstore.
  • Shuffleboard is $4/hr. Loopy Ewe was especially disappointed.  



2 comments:

  1. The fish painting totally reminds me of Melanesia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, interesting, Sven! I hadn't made that connection! :D http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sL1Qb9nFJrM/VIuN5ohwiSI/AAAAAAAAB28/yrSDm4Mori8/s1600/solomon-adaro.jpg

    ReplyDelete