Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Murray & Allen

Location: Murray & Allen in Beaverton, a strip mall with what may be the Worst Traffic in the area. I was traveling from Hillsboro and I listened to half of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog while traveling just ONE mile.


Fellow travelers: Just me after work. And 50 million other drivers.

Favorite light: Is this a light? I guess it must be. It takes up the entire main room. It's awesome.


Favorite art: That light can't be beat. The unicorn sun is such a great icon. Most of this location is posters and windows, but there are a couple of nice touches:


McMenamins rule: always take a camera to the bathroom.


Food: "Soprano sandwich" (chicken prosciutto on focaccia) and a Terminator milkshake. I've noticed that even places that do milkshakes may not do all the flavors of milkshakes. I wonder why? Terminator is the most common, but Ruby! And Mocha!

Passport stamps: Murray & Allen


Other items of note:
  • Brought my laptop to work through dinner and fill some time while the roads cleared. That turned out to be an excellent idea. And while it seemed busy, nobody was waiting for a table.
  • This location used to be a brewery, but according to the history, "To open up the kitchen and keep up with food demand the brewery was removed from the Murray Pub in 2000."
  • I totally love copper-covered tables.

3 comments:

  1. I worked as a waitress in a saloon with copper covered tables. they were a pain to clean with stinky Brasso

    ReplyDelete