Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Boon's Treasury

Location: Boon's Treasury in Salem. I didn't have plans to eat at this location until everything went wrong: my tire blew on the way down to work in Lebanon, and fixing it required 3 hours at two different locations. I hadn't had lunch yet and was starving, so I thought I'd cheer myself up by completing the Salem section of my Passport on my way home.





Fellow travelers: Just me and a car with a new tire. My friend Dayna & I tried arranged to meet here earlier in the month, but our plans fell through. Fortunately, Dayna lives very close to Boon's and this time we were able to meet up afterwards, which made the day a bit brighter.


Favorite light: None.

Favorite art: This location primarily has posters and wooden panels from Bali, but the inside seems fairly tame compared to other McMenamins. So the historical artifacts were the best part.


Food: Because I completed the Salem section, I could pick a wrap or sandwich. I actually wanted a burger, but I settled for a Portland Confidential wrap and chili, which were pretty good.

Passport stamps: Thompson Brewery & Public House to complete the section!


Other items of note:
  • Sadly, this location doesn't have milkshakes. :(
  • It was chilly so I would have sat next to the stove if it had been lit!
  • This location has a TEENY parking lot.

Dayna's milage collection & Little Free Library:


A nice sunset as I left Salem:


No comments:

Post a Comment