Sunday, May 17, 2015

McMenamins High Street Brewery & Cafe

Location: McMenamins High Street Brewery & Cafe in Eugene. It is a charming converted house near the University of Oregon, so it sort of sneaks up on you as you are walking through the neighborhood.






Fellow travelers: Sven & I were in town to run the NW Animation Festival in Eugene! By which I mean: Sven was in town to run the Festival, and I was around to help. :) Because the High Street location is so close to the Bijou, it was literally a 3-minute walk, so it was a super easy location for us to fit in between the afternoon & evening animation blocks. I wish we had known about it sooner!


Favorite light: None.

Favorite art: Nothing big, but lots of bizarre & beautiful details along the borders that make me happy. I mean, ears? REALLY? A hanger on a ringed planet? Oh, McMenamins!







Food: Because I completed the Eugene section, I could have picked up a basket of tots or fries. But a whole basket seemed like a lot of tots at that moment, so I may have to wait until the Best of the Northwest Animation Festival in September to redeem it!

Passport stamps: Eugene High Street Brewery & Cafe to complete the section!


Other items of note:
  • Sadly, this location doesn't have milkshakes. :( WHHHYYYY?
  • Even though I asked the server, I am still unclear what "pizza rolls" are. 
  • Cute patio, eh?

An oddity: look at the lower right corner. "No Checks Please/Thank you, Capt. Neon". I have never seen McMenamins use "Capt. Neon" as a sign-off on anything, as if it is a real character. Why this location?


2 comments:

  1. My sophomore and junior year of college, I lived in the apartment building across the alley from the High Street patio, which I believe was put in that first spring. It looked very nice but it was hard to know for sure, what with not being 21. Since then, I've had some nice evenings there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo of you and Sven.

    ReplyDelete