Saturday, August 16, 2014

McMenamins on the Columbia

Location: McMenamins on the Columbia, my first Washington location! This location is right on the Columbia River, and on a beautiful day like today there was no better place to be. The water sparkles, the boats float by, the starlings talk to themselves as they look for crumbs.




Fellow travelers: Serin! And my bike!



Favorite light: I couldn't get a good picture of this, but I really liked the large carousel circle overhead with different colored bulbs at different levels.



Favorite art: Not a lot, honestly. The view is so good, who is looking at the art? Strangely, the bathroom had the most McMenamins-like art mural.


Food: ahi tuna sandwich, fries, part of a lemon polenta cake and part of a flan w/ strawberries. And three glasses of RC because of the bike ride.

Passport stamps: McMenamins on the Columbia. It looks like they have a brewery here but it was empty when we went, so I'm not sure if I could have taken a tour.


Other items of note:
  • Serin taught me lockpicking! That might qualify as one of the best birthday presents ever!
  • Biked to Vancouver's Marine Park and Wintler Park afterwards. They were both very nice. It looks like the trail between them has been detoured since 2013, though.
  • I biked back to the I-205 path when I got a flat tire. I could have fixed it, but I called AAA to take me home -- mostly to see if I could. And I could!




2 comments: